Tuesday, November 13, 2007

dashing through the snow...

I don't know, does this still count as grey? Charcoal, yeah, that's the ticket, I'm done knittin' grey. right? right?
Ok, I lose. But this pattern's a winner.



pattern: Dashing from Knitty
yarn: stash bustin' Berroco Ultra Alpaca (50% wool, 50% alpaca) in "charcoal mix"
needles: 4.5mm bamboo DPNS
size: large



My man was away this weekend visting the fabulous Miss Muffy and HER man so I had a lot of knitting time on my hands. Actually I threw tons of stuff by the wayside in an attempt to crank them out in his absence, and managed to do just that. Earlier thoughts of saving them until Christmas were also dashed when I realized "yeah right, I can save nothing", so I pretty much just gave them to him when he walked in the door.

I'd also bought a fabulous new jacket while he was gone (I should never be left alone...) with 3/4 sleeves, so the day after I gave them to him I instantly confiscated them back so that *I* could wear them (and my new jacket) and not have cold forearms. But they are definitely too big, so I may need to make a smaller pair for myself. After Fetching though. Those are definitely up next.

I even managed to drag him onto the balcony for a grey-day photoshoot, so you get one more photo:

(image deleted)

5 comments:

Virtuous said...

Very nice!!

Glad he modeled them too!

Macoco said...

I love that shade of grey. They look fabulous.

Julia said...

Awesome! (And thanks for calling me fabulous!)

Reckless Glue said...

but you ARE fabulous!

Lolly said...

they are great!
I want some of these for myself!