Thursday, November 01, 2007

at least my neck is warm...

Well it's been a whirlwhind of a week for me. I feel as though I've eaten at every restaurant in Montreal and Ottawa these last seven days. Who ever thought I could get sick of that?! I think there needs to be a lot of salads in my future...

Suffice to say that not a lot of knitting got done since my two partners in crime for the week are not knitters, but at least I did manage to get a couple of easy half-done items finished:

Another kerchief scarf from LMNG.



Most of you know that I am seriously trying to stash bust lately, and this kerchief seemed like a really good vehicle for a couple of balls of artyarns I had sitting around. And wow...I think I bought it on sale, so it was another one of those situations where it was a total impulse buy, and then you get home and think "ok, what can I do with these two lowly balls of yarn? uh, stash it and forget it." But it was perfect for a little project like this that is just a garter stitch triangle. I'm not really a fan of varigated yarns, but it works on something plain like this. It was pretty much the SPROINGIEST (is that a word?) yarn I've ever used. So squishy. I've never really knit with anything like it before. Though that is no doubt because I don't actually knit with or buy a lot of sock-type yarns.



And the yarn deets for those who need to know: artyarns supermerino colourway 115 (100% superwash merino)



And I was just about to post the cowl that I just finished as well, but as I look at these kerchief photos of myself all I can think is "holy god I need to colour my hair!" So I think a little trip to the drugstore might actually be calling my name instead. Though with my recent benefit makeup addiction, that might not actually be a good idea either (curse you lipgloss and laptops podcast for my newfound makeup addiction resurgence!). But hair colour, yes. I'm thinking about going red again. Okay, maybe auburn instead. Gah, who knows.



Well here's a taste of the cowl at least:



There really isn't anything I could explain about it that you couldn't surmise from that photo anyway.

But more on that to come. I have some serious bloglines to catch up on!

2 comments:

Virtuous said...

Good to hear you had a great time on your trip!

Go ahead stash bustinga and all! Work it out! :op

And your hair looks fine!! I have never seen you red/auburn before.

LOL!! @ Love your summary on the cowl! Perfect!! :oD I need to do that more often! Haha!

Sarah said...

Good work fitting any knitting in at all. I didn't like the kerchief in the book but your versions are changing my mind - I guess I didn't like the styling more than didn't like the item - must try and get past that.